Following the positive feedback we received from our last update post we thought now was the right time to give you another update on how the business has progressed over the last month.
L M Watch Company sprung from our Founder’s love of watches and started with a bulk purchase of broken second-hand watches to help him with his severe ADHD. Of course then he was left with a lot of fixed watches and a partner who didn’t want them in the house indefinitely - these were sold at a few markets over a few weeks and the response was overwhelming. Now that the appetite for good quality second hand watches/pre-loved watches was clear L M Watch Company was born.
The company has gone from strength to strength since it launched during Covid at the end of July.
Below are some key achievements since our last update blog post on 16 Sept.
- The most popular watch to date is the men’s watch - TAG Heuer 2000 WK1110. This watch is gorgeous and generated interest from around the world. It ended up with a lovely customer of ours in London.
- First shipping outside of the UK. Not just outside of the UK.. this vintage watch went to a Roamer collector in New Zealand. The Vintage Roamer Rockshell VI was a unique watch that we were very excited to get into stock. It generated a lot of interest and sold the day after it went live for sale on the L M Watch Company website. We love getting vintage watches in. Two further vintage Roamers have come into the workshop this last week and will be going live in the next few weeks.
- Iphone and Android app. The L M Watch Company app has been launched and continues to drive customers to the website. Just search ‘LMWatchCo’ in both app stores.
- Shopify. L M Watch Company in the top 24% of stores on the 10th September of Shopify stores that launched in the same week. As of today the store is in the top 6%. There has been over 12,000 views on the store since launch.
- Amended our logo to white and navy in order to create a cleaner website/business cards.
- Princes Trust. L M Watch Company is enrolled with the Princes Trust which is a trust supporting companies launched by under 30’s. It’s a fantastic charity where you are assigned a mentor who has a successful business themselves. Watch this space.
- Had a great uptake on the September 10% off discount code. It’s amazing (though not surprising) how much difference this has made to sales.
I thought it would be apt to finish this blog post with some of our favourite pre-loved watches for sale (our favourites seem to change from day to day depending on our mood!)
We love this men’s watch. It’s in immaculate condition, with a really cool box and paperwork.
With the unique beautiful Barbour box, this simple ladies watch is a true classic.
We’ve said it before, we’ll say it again.. we love a vintage watch.
What’s your favourite watch we have in stock? Take a look at the collection here.
Please do visit the website and follow us on Instagram @lmwatchco
We love hearing from you and are always interested in hearing your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
The L M Watch Company Team xx